If you have been working hard to build your business, getting robbed is surely a shocking experience. However, if the inevitable has happened, the only thing that you can do is to mitigate the damage and to look ahead. Here are the most important steps to take in case your business premises are robbed:
- Call the police immediately – this should be the first thing to do. Don’t touch or move anything until they arrive, they will want to check the premises for evidence;
- Check what is covered in your property insurance policy – robbers usually force their way into the property they rob, so the damage that your premises and your business has sustained is likely to include not only lost, but damaged assets as well. Check your insurance policy and record each of your damaged property components and assets to be able to provide evidence for the insurance claim file. If you have multiple insurance policies, check them each and follow the claim procedure;
- Tidy up the place only when the police tells that you can;
- Look ahead and try to put the traumatic experience behind you as fast as possible;
- Evaluate the security risks on your premises and take preventive action. To eliminate future risk of theft, talk to surveillance camera Denver installation experts so they can help you put together a plan to put your mind at ease.